.

Jason Russell House-Smith Museum

Flag as Inappropriate

The Jason Russell house, built by Mr Russell in 1740, was the site of one of the battles that took place on April 19, 1775, the first day of the American Revolution. The Smith Museum is an adjoining museum that was added in 1980. Together they offer a peek into the history and life of Arlington and its inhabitants. The house is filled with many furnishings that belonged to the Russell family, who occupied the house until 1896. The museum houses artifacts, exhibits and Arlington memorabilia put on display by the Arlington Historical Society. Though the house and museum are open seasonally, from April to October, an online tour can be viewed at the website.
1048 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02476
(781) 648-4300
  • Fax: 401-841-8630
  • Accessibility Details: Ramp at back and access to first floor
  • Hours: Mid-April - October: Sat, Sun, 1pm - 4pm; Mon - Fri, closed
  • Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm
  • Accessible: yes
Share a review or post about this business.
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Who wants to be the first to post?
See more »