1. There’s a slight chance of showers after 2 p.m. today, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures should be in the high 50s during the day and drop to the low 40s overnight.
2. Town Elections: Tomorrow (Tuesday, April 10) is voting day here in Arlington, and, this year, there’s no shortage of contested races – with five candidates vying for two spots on the Board of Selectmen, six for two on the School Committee and two for one on the Board of Assessors (see sample ballot). Polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. You can check your polling location here.
3. Meetings: After a joint Board of Selectmen and Budget & Revenue Task Force meeting at 6 p.m. in (see agenda), the Board of Selectmen will meet at 7:15 p.m. in the Selectmen’s Chambers (see agenda). The Redevelopment Board will meet at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex (see agenda). The Arlington Cultural Council will meet at 6 p.m. in the Selectmen’s Chambers (see agenda), and the Vision 2020 Diversity Task Group will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the .
4. Weekend Sports Results: The boys’ lacrosse team defeated Dracut 7-5 on Saturday, while the baseball team took care of North Shore Tech 11-2.
5. Today’s games: The Arlington High track teams will take on Belmont at 3:30 p.m. (boys at home, girls on the road). The Arlington High boys’ volleyball team will face Boston Latin at 3:45 p.m. on the road, and the girls’ tennis team will be at Wayland at 4 p.m. The Arlington Catholic baseball team will host Bishop Fenwick at 3:30 p.m., while the softball team will be at Bishop Fenwick at 3:30 p.m. The Arlington Catholic lacrosse teams will face Marian at 4 p.m. (girls at home, boys on the road).