Today is Thursday, Oct. 4. Here are five things you need to know:
1. The Special Town Meeting Warrant, Board of Selectmen Report and Finance Committee Report (attached) are now online. The meeting will be held at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, in Town Hall. For more information, see the town’s Town Meeting website.
2. From the town: Overnight on Mass. Ave. (Schouler Court to Brattle Street): The town’s contractor D&R Paving will be performing overnight road paving on Mass. Ave. (Schouler Court to Brattle Street), for one night, starting on Thursday, Oct. 4, at 8 p.m. to Friday, Oct. 5, at 5 a.m. (weather permitting). Performing this work at night will decrease potential public safety issues inherent with large equipment and commuter traffic as well as expedite the project.
The road will remain open, but travel will be restricted. If traveling in the area during this time, please seek an alternate route.
No parking zones will be in effect along Mass. Ave. and police detail officers will be on-site to provide assistance with traffic management and to enforce parking restrictions.
The town would like to thank residents and travelers in advance for their cooperation while the town makes these roadway improvements.
3. A review of the Minuteman Bikeway is underway and local cyclists are invited to weigh in with opinions on things like crossings, signage and trailside amenities by completing a two-page, online questionnaire. Complete details.
4. The Bishop School Pumpkin Sale is this Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
5. Expect rain after 3 p.m. and into the night, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures should reach the mid 60s.