Today is Monday, Oct. 15. Here are five things you need to know:
1. The Board of Selectmen will meet at 7:15 p.m. tonight in the Selectmen’s Chambers on the second floor of Town Hall. The board will address a request for an “outside furniture permit” from the Capitol Theatre and requests for a “speed table” and two-hour-parking signs on Bates Road, among other items, according to its agenda.
2. From the town: The Clerk’s Office would like to remind residents that the last day to register to vote/change party affiliation for the Nov. 6 Elections is Wednesday, Oct. 17. The Clerk’s Office will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. You can also register by mail if your application is postmarked by midnight, Oct. 17, and is received within five days. You can pick up a voter registration form at the Clerk’s Office at Town Hall, 730 Mass. Ave., or download it at the Election Assistance Commission website. For additional election information, including polling locations, sample ballots and absentee ballot instructions, please visit arlingtonma.gov/elections.
3. The Arlington International Film Festival is this Wednesday, Oct. 17, through Sunday, Oct. 21, at the Regent Theatre. Watch the festival’s movie trailers.
4. What does $389,000 get you in Arlington? A three-bed on Sylvia Street. Take a look inside.
5. There is a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4 p.m. this afternoon and into the night, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures are expected to reach the low 70s.