Today is Tuesday, Oct. 2. Here are five things you need to know:
1. From the town: The Clerk’s Office would like to remind residents that the last day to register to vote/change party affiliation for the Nov. 6 Elections is Wednesday, Oct. 17. The Clerk’s Office will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. You can also register by mail if your application is postmarked by midnight, Oct. 17, and is received within five days. You can pick up a voter registration form at the Clerk’s Office at Town Hall, 730 Mass. Ave., or download it at the Election Assistance Commission website. For additional election information, including polling locations, sample ballots and absentee ballot instructions, please visit arlingtonma.gov/elections.
2. Check out Arlington Patch’s election guide. It’ll be consistently updated until the Nov. 6 elections.
3. Also, see Arlington Patch’s 5 most popular articles in September.
4. And finally, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, here are some breast cancer awareness events near Arlington.
5. Today is expected to be mostly cloudy with a high near 78, according to the National Weather Service.