Today is Wednesday, Oct. 17. Here are five things you need to know:
1. From the town: The Clerk’s Office would like to remind residents that the last day to register to vote/change party affiliation for the Nov. 6 Elections is Wednesday, Oct. 17. The Clerk’s Office will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. You can also register by mail if your application is postmarked by midnight, Oct. 17, and is received within five days. You can pick up a voter registration form at the Clerk’s Office at Town Hall, 730 Mass. Ave., or download it at the Election Assistance Commission website. For additional election information, including polling locations, sample ballots and absentee ballot instructions, please visit arlingtonma.gov/elections.
2. The Arlington International Film Festival starts tonight, Wednesday, Oct. 17, and runs through Sunday, Oct. 21, at the Regent Theatre. Watch the festival’s movie trailers.
3. Arlington’s Master Plan Interactive Workshop is at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 17, at Town Hall.
4. On Thursday, Oct. 18, Arlington Community Education will host a presentation by Thomas Putnam, director of the John F. Kennedy Library and Museum. The program starts at 7:30 p.m. in the Arlington High School Media Center. Tickets are $5. Complete details.
5. Today should be mostly sunny with a high in the low 60s, according to the National Weather Service.