1. Today should be sunny with a high near 43 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. After a thorough search, the town has selected its top candidate to replace longtime, outgoing library director Maryellen Remmert-Loud and is prepared to make an offer, Town Manager Adam Chapdelaine said at Monday’s Board of Selectmen meeting. Chapdelaine, who holds the authority to hire the position, said that the candidate will be revealed this week, as will the town's top pick for the new Council on Aging director. Remmert-Loud, who is set to retire at the beginning of April, held the position for 27 years and even worked at Fox Library as a teenager. The position was being advertised at about $80,000 to $105,000.
3. East Arlington residents should no longer hear the loud banging of pile driving reverberating from the construction site at the old Faces discotheque across Route 2 in Cambridge, according to Chapdelaine. At Monday’s Board of Selectmen meeting, he said that he received an email Monday morning informing him that the pile driving phase of construction on the new 228-unit apartment building is now over.
4. The Arlington Public Schools Redistricting Committee will meet from 7 to 9:30 p.m. tonight in the School Committee Room on the sixth floor of (see agenda).
5. The Town Government Reorganization Committee will meet at 7 p.m. tonight in the to discuss and prepare reports for the Finance Committee, Board of Selectmen and Town Meeting on previous positions taken by the committee (see agenda). Also, the Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7:45 p.m. in the (see agenda).