1. There’s a chance of rain today up until 1 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures are expected to near 50 degrees.
2. starts at 7:30 p.m. tonight at with an informal meet-and-greet with the candidates and Town Meeting members. At 8 p.m., the candidates’ forum will begin – the candidates will give two-minute opening speeches and then a three-person panel will ask questions submitted by audience members. There will be a table in the back of the auditorium with cards for writing down questions. The event is being co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters Arlington and Vision 2020. The Town Elections are Tuesday, April 10. Polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
3. The Park and Recreation Commission is holding a public meeting at 6 p.m. tonight at the Jefferson Cutter House to solicit input/feedback on placing portable restrooms at the following fields: Hurd, McClennan, Hill’s Hill/Buck, Florence, Thorndike, Crosby, Bishop, Buzzell, North Union, Magnolia, Ottoson, Poet’s Corner, Peirce, Robbins, Scannell/Spy Pond and Summer Street. Written comments can also be submitted at the meeting, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to: Arlington Recreation Office, 442 Summer St., Arlington, MA 02474.
4. is teaming up with Ipswich Ale Brewery for . Diners can get a salad, two pizzas, dessert and four beers for $29 (excluding tax and tip). Call 781-316-2334 for reservations.
5. K-9 Officer Michael Hogan, of the Arlington Police Department, is taking on the two-day, 192-mile Pan-Mass Challenge bike ride in support of Team Lily’s Pad.