La Posada will go before the Board of Selectmen tonight to request a beer and wine license, according to the board’s agenda.
The Mexican restaurant, at 1312 Mass. Ave. in Arlington Heights, is up at 7:30 p.m., with the board’s meeting set to start at 7:15 p.m. in Town Hall’s Selectmen’s Chambers. La Posada’s owner, Magdalena Pizarro, will speak on behalf of the family-run restaurant, which opened roughly three years ago.
In addition to La Posada’s request, there are agenda items related to the town’s seasonal leaf-blower ban, overnight parking and library-card challenge.
The board will hear the leaf blower bylaw amendment recommendation from the 2012 Special Town Meeting Leaf Blower Committee.
There will also be a discussion of “Overnight Townwide Parking Regulations,” led by Selectman Steven Byrne, as well as a discussion about parking problems at the Regent Theatre.
Robbins Library Director Ryan Livergood will be on hand to talk about February’s library-card challenge. Livergood has challenged Belmont, Lexington and Somerville to see which community can increase its new library card registration the most during the month (percentage increase this February, compared to February 2012).
In addition, the board has Warrant Article Hearings on seven warrant articles for this spring’s Town Meeting.
- Article 10, Bylaw Amendment/Junk Dealers and Collectors
- Article 11, Bylaw Amendment/Use Regulations Public Land/Property
- Article 12, Bylaw Amendment/Town Meeting Electronic Voting
- Article 17, Overnight Parking Fees
- Article 18, Daytime Parking
- Article 24, Acceptance of Legislation/Compensation of Retirement Board Members
- Article 25, Acceptance/Small Personal Property Exemption