The ballot is ready for this year's town elections.
With deadline to file paperwork past, 13 candidates are on the contested races for , and Board of Assessors. One candidate runs unopposed for a spot on the .
This year's candidate pool is reportedly the highest one since 1993, according to YourArlington.com. Except for that year, no election had a larger number of candidates dating back to 1979, the news site reported.
"It does seem like a lot for both those races," Town Clerk Stephanie Lucarelli said.
Board of Selectmen
The board has two openings for three-year terms to replace outgoing Selectman Annie LaCourt and Chair Clarissa Rowe. The candidates with certified signatures are:
- , of 21 Millett St.
- , of 5 Hodge Road
- , of 28 Upland Road
- Robert L. Tosi Jr., of 14 Inverness Road
- Maria A. Romano, of 35 Bates Road
Two School Committee members are running for re-election to defend their three-year terms: Chair Cindy Starks, of 1 Monadnock Road, and member Jeffrey Thielman, of 36 Coolidge Road. Here's the ballot for that race:
- James J. Flanagan, of 49 Trowbridge St.
- Cindy Starks, of 1 Monadnock Road
- A. Matthew Pallett, of 127 Winchester Road
- Jeffrey D. Thielman, of 37 Coolidge Road
- Ian T. Jackson, of 232 Highland Ave.
- Andrew E. O'Brien, of 109 Hillside Ave.
Board of Assessors
The board has one opening for a three-year term. Incumbent Kevin Feeley is running for re-election. Both candidates have been certified:
- Martin Thrope, of 348 Gray St.
- Kevin P. Feeley, of 25 Baker Road
Arlington Housing Authority
There is one spot for a two-year term on the Arlington Housing Authority. Daniel F. Brosnan Jr., of 18 Wachusett Ave., runs unopposed.