Firefighters in Arlington responded to fires Friday and Saturday, Dec. 27 and 28.
On Friday, emergency personnel responded to a Mountain Avenue residence at about 4:30 p.m. for a report of a grease fire in a kitchen.
There were no flames and no one was in danger when crews arrived, according to the police report. The resident told police chicken grease had spattered against the wall, causing a brief fire.
On Saturday, firefighters responded to a George Street residence at about 3:20 p.m. for a report of a working house fire.
The resident told police that the home’s dryer had caught fire. No one was hurt, police said.