Good morning, Arlington! Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Weather: Expect a sunny but cool Thursday. High temperature could reach 59 degrees during the day, with an overnight low of 39 degrees.
2. Arlington International Film Festival: This begins today at 7 p.m. and runs until Sunday, Oct. 9. The event opens with local documentary “We Still Live Here,” which tells the story of surviving the Massachusetts Wampanoag language. After the film, there will be a panel discussion and an after-party at restaurant, with Argentinean appetizers and live tango. Tickets cost $10 or $35 for a full festival pass.
3. Drop-in gentle yoga: No need to get down on the floor in —but expect to get a good, healthy workout. All adults are welcome to try out for $5 on Thursday, 10-11:15 a.m., at the .
4. Sports schedule: Every morning, we run a list of all the Check it out and stay on top of what's going on with our hometown teams. Today, the boys and girls of and Arlington High are playing football, golf, soccer and volleyball.
5. This Day in History: From History.com, "On this day in 1866, the Reno gang carries out the first robbery of a moving train in the U.S., making off with over $10,000 from an Ohio & Mississippi train in Jackson County, Indiana."