Today is Wednesday, Oct. 10. Here are five things you need to know:
1. From the town: On Tuesday, Oct. 2, with 57 contracts signed totaling 255 kilowatts of capacity, Arlington reached the lowest pricing tier (tier 5) in the Solarize Arlington program. This means that everyone who has signed a contract with Solarflair will benefit from the lowest pricing available. For those of you who signed up with Solarflair for a site assessment prior to Sept. 30, you will have until Oct. 31 to sign a contract and guarantee your ability to also receive the tier 5 pricing.
Arlington has had more initial interest contacts (about 800) than any of the 17 communities participating in this round of Solarize Mass. Given this high level of interest, it is expected that many more people will sign contracts before the Oct. 31 deadline.
If you have questions about your site assessment or contract, you should contact Solarflair directly at www.solarflair.com or 508-293-4293. General questions about the program can be directed to the town’s Community Solar Coach, Ryan Katofsky, at email@example.com.
2. Town Meeting members will be asked tonight to repeal the seasonal ban on gas-powered leaf blowers, which they passed in May.
3. The Arlington International Film Festival has announced its lineup. See all of the festival’s movie trailers.
4. There is a Bob Marley documentary, “Marley,” playing at the Regent Theatre at 7:30 p.m. tonight.
5. Showers are possible after 3 p.m. today, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures are expected to reach the low 60s.