Happy Tuesday, Arlington! Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Weather: Expect a hot Tuesday with some clouds in the afternoon. High temperatures could reach 88 degrees with an overnight low of 66 degrees.
2. Fourth of July: Check out our .
3. In case you missed it: On Sunday, we ran another story about the at . Parents and staff agree transition period is critical for incoming students at and are working toward greater collaboration.
4. For the troops: Barrett & Company Real Estate is for Operation American Soldier. Small plastic jars can be dropped off at the Barrett & Company offices in Concord, Lincoln and Carlisle Centers.
5. This day in history: From History.com, "On July 5, 1946, French designer Louis Reard unveils a daring two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris. Parisian showgirl Micheline Bernardini modeled the new fashion, which Reard dubbed 'bikini,' inspired by a news-making U.S. atomic test that took place off the Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean earlier that week."