Happy Monday, Arlington! Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Weather: Expect some clouds today with a chance of thunderstorms overnight. High temperatures could reach 77 degrees with an overnight low of 65 degrees.
2. : Get plugged in on the lawn when Louise Grasmere with "Meeting Across the Water" presents an outdoor evening concert blending rural and urban blues, folk, gospel and jazz. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for networking, with the program beginning at 7 p.m.
3. Cribbage: Drop by at 9:30 a.m. today for weekly cribbage sponsored by the Retired Men's Club of Arlington. Cost is $5.
4. For the troops: Barrett & Company Real Estate is for Operation American Soldier. Small plastic jars can be dropped off at the Barrett & Company offices in Concord, Lincoln and Carlisle Centers.
5. This day in history: From History.com, "On this day in 1978, Louise Joy Brown, the world's first baby to be conceived via in vitro fertilization (IVF) is born at Oldham and District General Hospital in Manchester, England."