Good morning, Arlington! Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Weather: Expect a sunshine today, with a few clouds in the afternoon and evening. High temperatures could reach 77 degrees with an overnight low of 59 degrees.
2. In case you missed it: Negotiations between Jefferson Apartment Group and Upton and Partners will continue this week, as the groups of the former Symmes Hospital site.
3. Patch Picks: Each week, Arlington Patch highlights editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more in our Thursday feature called . This week, we want to know: ?
4. For the troops: Barrett & Company Real Estate is for Operation American Soldier. Small plastic jars can be dropped off at the Barrett & Company offices in Concord, Lincoln and Carlisle Centers.
5. This Day in History: From History.com, "On this day in 1902, pioneering cookbook author Fannie Farmer, who changed the way Americans prepare food by advocating the use of standardized measurements in recipes, opens Miss Farmer's School of Cookery in Boston. In addition to teaching women about cooking, Farmer later educated medical professionals about the importance of proper nutrition for the sick."