1. It’s expected to be cloudy today with a high near 81 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. The 11th-seeded girls’ lacrosse team fell to No. 6 Westford 12-7 Tuesday on the road in the first round of the Division 1 North playoffs. The Spy Ponders got off to a hot start, scoring five goals in the first seven minutes, to take an early lead. However, Westford (17-4) clawed its way back to an 8-6 advantage at the half and never looked back. Sophomore Mary Grace had five goals on the day for Arlington, while senior Colleen Kane had two. The Spy Ponders finish the season 12-9.
3. The girls’ lacrosse team suffered a similar fate. The 11th-seeded Cougars were ousted from the Division 2 North bracket by No. 6 Bishop Fenwick (12-5-2) in first round Tuesday. The Cougars fell 18-11 on the road and end the season 12-8-1.
4. The 12th-seeded boys’ lacrosse team advanced Tuesday to the first round of the Division 3 East bracket with a 13-1 drumming of No. 21 South Shore Tech (12-5) in the preliminary round at Belmont Hill. The Cougars (15-5) will face No. 5 Hanover (12-5) at 5 p.m. Thursday on the road. Hanover defeated No. 28 Upper Cape 20-1 in the preliminary round.
5. Did you take photos at Arlington High’s Senior Promenade? If so, please upload them to our.