It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do this weekend. Arlington Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time.
Check our picks for the activities you'll want to take part in this weekend in Arlington and beyond:
- When/Where: Through March 16, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., at the , 41 Foster St., Arlington, MA
- Why Go: “Identity: Who AM I?” is an exhibition of teen artwork by 80 middle and high school students from Arlington and Belmont. The exhibit includes both large-scale and intimate self portraits by teens, a fascinating series of contemporary and archival digital photography and a wide array of intriguing sculptures, including three life-size human figures created by students from Chenery Middle School in Belmont.
- Price: Free
- When/Where: Friday and Saturday, March 2-3, 8 p.m., at , 7 Medford St., Arlington
- Why Go: Samantha thinks turning 40 is the scariest thing to happen to her. See what happens when a mysterious package arrives in this hilarious look at a full- blown mid-life crisis. After all, everybody’s got monsters—don’t they?
- Price: $30
- When/Where: Saturday, March 3, 10:30 a.m., at , 7 Medford St., Arlington, MA
- Why Go: Join Margot Fox for some family-friendly, folk-rock music and celebrate the release of her third CD, “Planet Clementine.” Come dance and wiggle to her tunes (old and new) as we shake off the cold and look towards spring! Drummer, Pat Tambor, and singer, Dena, will jam onstage with Margot and perform “Alphabet City,” “Moose Crossing” and other favorites.
- Price: $10/Adults, $8/Kids and Seniors, $7/Regent Members
- When/Where: Friday, March 2, 8 p.m., at , 50 Paul Revere Road, Arlington
- Why Go: Come learn to move to the world's music. Beginners, experienced dancers, singles, couples and groups always welcome. In a typical evening, several dances are taught or called, and most others can be followed by watching the leading dancers. It is not necessary to have previous dance experience or to attend with a partner.
- Price: $10
- When/Where: Sunday, March 4, 10 a.m., at , 74 Pleasant St., Arlington, MA
- Why Go: Guest soloist Andrea Loretz- Frey provides special music for 10 a.m. Holy Eucharist Rite II service. Sunday Church School starts at 10 a.m. and there is also an 8 a.m. service (Rite I, no music).
- Price: Free