It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do this weekend. Arlington Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time.
Check our picks for the activities you'll want to take part in this weekend in Arlington and beyond:
- When/Where: Friday, Feb. 24, 8 p.m., at , 50 Paul Revere Road, Arlington
- Why Go: Come learn to move to the world's music. Beginners, experienced dancers, singles, couples and groups always welcome. In a typical evening, several dances are taught or called, and most others can be followed by watching the leading dancers. It is not necessary to have previous dance experience or to attend with a partner.
- Price: $10
- When/Where: Saturday, Feb. 25, 10:30 a.m., at , 7 Medford St., Arlington
- Why Go: Alexander, King of Jesters, revives a cultural icon—the medieval fool. His period music, mind-bending sight gags, amazing stunts and wildly imaginative spirit transport audiences to another place and time. Alex has been seen on Showtime, PBS, and ‘America’s Got Talent, at the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival, and was introduced on Public Radio International as a ‘cultural ambassador’ for his tours in Russia.
- Price: $8
- When/Where: Saturday, Feb. 25, 3 p.m., at , 700 Massachusetts Ave., Arlington
- Why Go: A free public talk on generating true and lasting love and compassion for yourself and others. This is accomplished though the alchemical thought called "the Wish for enlightenment", the mind that wishes to get enlightened as quickly as possible for the sake of all sentient beings. Having the Wish is way more than just being a nice guy or gal. What would it look like to have the Wish in our modern world?
- Price: Free
- When/Where: Saturday, Feb. 25, 8 p.m., at , 7 Medford St., Arlington
- Why Go: Samantha thinks turning 40 is the scariest thing to happen to her. See what happens when a mysterious package arrives in this hilarious look at a full- blown mid life crisis. After all…everybody’s got MONSTERS!... don’t they?
- Price: $30