1. There is a chance of showers and thunderstorms (30 percent) after 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures are expected to approach 81 degrees.
2. Three Arlington lacrosse teams will compete in playoff action today.
The 11th-seeded Arlington High girls’ lacrosse team (12-8) will face No. 6 Westford (16-4) at 4 p.m. on the road in the first round of the Division 1 North bracket. The two teams were familiar foes in the Dual County League, before the Spy Ponders moved to the Middlesex League this year. Westford averaged an impressive 15 goals per game during the regular season, while only allowing about nine per game.
The Arlington Catholic girls’ lacrosse team (12-7-1) is in a similar spot. The Cougars are the 11th seed in the Division 2 North bracket. They’ll face Catholic Central League rival, No. 6 Bishop Fenwick (11-5-2) at 4 p.m. on the road in the first round. The Cougars lost both of their games against Bishop Fenwick during the regular season (18-17 on April 2 and 14-10 on April 28).
The Arlington Catholic boys’ lacrosse team earned a home game in the preliminary round of the Division 3 East bracket. The 12th-seeded Cougars (14-5) will host No. 21 South Shore Tech (12-4) at 4 p.m. at Belmont Hill. The Cougars were 12-2 in their last 14 regular-season games.
3. Take a look inside our to see what $749,000 can get you in Arlington.
4. Coming back from the long weekend, get caught up with our
5. Did you take photos at Arlington High’s Senior Promenade? If so, please upload them to our .