1. Today should be sunny with a high near 64 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Police in Florida , according to a CBS news report from Miami. DeMella, a Medford resident who was seven months pregnant, died March 18 when a car driven by Rosa Rivera went off the road and crashed into her vacation cabana in Ft. Lauderdale.
3. Mass Ave Corridor Project: A public open-house-style meeting on the Mass Ave Corridor Project is set for 6 to 8 p.m. tonight in the cafeteria. At the meeting, the 75 percent design plans recently submitted to the state Department of Transportation (MassDOT) for their review will be on display for residents and business owners to drop in, take a look and ask questions, according to the town. The plans show new landscape and streetscape details and a street alignment change at Linwood Street that makes the eastbound (toward Cambridge) direction two lanes for the entire project. The updates plans can also be viewed online.
4. See what humorous, self-deprecating anecdote received a lot of “Likes” on the Arlington Patch Facebook page Tuesday. (With the new Facebook timeline now in effect, you might have to scroll down a bit.)
5. Sports: In case you missed it, Arlington native Ryan Hegarty , an affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks, and six female athletes in town, and a coach, .
5A. More sports: In a crosstown showdown today, the boys’ tennis team will host at 3:30 p.m. on the . The Arlington Catholic softball team will host Medford at 3:30 p.m., while the Cougars girls’ lacrosse team will host Lowell Catholic at 4 p.m.