1. There’s a chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms this afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. The thunderstorms could produce small hail and gusty winds. Temperatures are expected to reach 67 degrees.
2. , the last surviving original member of the 1950s doo-wop group the Platters who recently lived in Arlington, . On Tuesday, Associate Regional Editor Roberto Scalese recalled in Arlington about a decade ago.
3. The eighth-seeded softball team was ousted from the Division 2 North bracket by top-seeded Dracut Tuesday in the quarterfinals. The Spy Ponders (15-7) fell to Dracut (20-1) 6-0 on the road. The top-seeded Middies, of the Merrimack Valley Conference, have outscored opponents by more than eight runs per game this season on average.
4. On Tuesday, the seventh-seeded baseball team was the latest victim of No. 18 Saugus’ Cinderella run in the Division 3 North bracket. The Cougars, who finish the season 14-8, fell 6-5 to the sub-.500 Sachems (10-13) at in the bracket’s quarterfinals.
5. If you haven’t yet, be sure to check out our Facebook page.