1. It’s expected to be sunny this afternoon with temperatures reaching 70 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Household hazardous waste drop off: The next household hazardous waste drop off at the Minuteman Hazardous Waste Facility (60 Hartwell Ave., Lexington) is this Saturday, April 21, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Proof of Arlington residency will be required to drop off any household hazardous waste or you may be charged a fee. Do not bring old TVS, CRT monitors or water-based paints, and for safety reasons, do not ride a bicycle to the facility, as you will not be allowed to enter. For a list of what is considered household hazardous waste, click here. After this Saturday, the next drop off is Saturday, May 19.
3. Save the date: Community Collection Day on Saturday May 12: Speaking of trash, or in this case recycling, the semi-annual Community Collection Day at the Arlington DPW Yard (51 Grove St.) is Saturday, May 12. The drop-off event goes from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., rain or shine. Residents can drop off a variety of home items to be recycled, including CRTs ($10 per unit), bikes, books, confidential papers, old prescriptions and sharps, small electric items such as hair dryers and toasters (no large appliances), clothing, old sneakers and more. Read a complete list of items here.
4. The moderator will review the 2012 Town Meeting Warrant and there will be an orientation for Town Meeting members starting at 7:30 p.m. tonight in the Selectmen’s Hearing Room in . For more information on Arlington Town Meeting, which begins Monday, April 23, at 8 p.m., click here.
5. This week’s Best of Patch Readers’ Choice contest asks, So far, it’s a four-way race with on top, followed closely by , and . With the voting so close, it’s likely to come down to which spot receives the most favorable comments/reviews, so be sure to let us know why you go where you do. Voting closes at 9 a.m. Friday, April 13.