1. Weather: Today is the first day of Spring. Expect partly cloudy skies today with a high near 71 degrees!
2. Town-wide Spring Street Sweeping Begins Today: The Public Works Department began the Town-wide spring street sweeping schedule with Rte. 1. Routes are generally swept sequentially, the last route being 35. Weather permitting, the spring sweep should conclude in seven weeks. It is OK to brush sand from sidewalks into streets for sweepers to collect. However, according to the Town bylaw, Prohibition Against Obstructing Public Ways, it is forbidden to deposit other debris in public ways. To help Public Works perform the best possible job, please park your cars off-street during your scheduled week.
The Arlington town website has more information.
3. Bike Path Repair/Closure Today: A portion of the Minuteman Bike Path in Arlington will be closed to the public between 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. today. The closure will allow for the Department of Public Works to safely repair the wall abutting the bike path by Water Street. The path will be closed for 100 yards from Water Street eastward toward Arlington Center. Detour signs and a police detail will be on-site to direct travelers around the work area.
4. This Day in History: On this day in 1854, the Republican Party was founded.
5. Claim your Patch listing: Are you a business owner in Arlington looking for more ways to connect with local customers? Take a minute to and find out how to do just that. It's free and it takes only five steps.