The following is from Capitol Square Business Association.
East Arlington First Lights Kicks Off the Winter Holiday Season
Enjoy fun, free family activities all afternoon long on Saturday, Dec. 1.
Cultures around the world celebrate winter and religious celebrations including Christmas, Chanukah and Kwanzaa. No matter what your traditions, the Capitol Square Business Association invites everyone to kick off the holiday season at East Arlington First Lights festivities sponsored by Leader Bank and Cambridge Savings Bank on Saturday, Dec. 1, from 1-5 p.m.
Enjoy any, some or ALL of these FREE activities on Dec. 1 taking place at participating businesses from Orvis Avenue to the Capitol Theatre area as well as for several blocks toward Cambridge. Unless otherwise noted, all activities take place from 1-5 p.m.
- PARK FREE on Mass. Ave. or residential streets
- MAKE BALLOON REINDEER HATS with Lanie the Jolly Elf at Artbeat
- MAKE GLITTERY ORNAMENTS with the other elves at Artbeat
- WATCH A PUPPET SHOW at Fox Library (10 a.m.)
- MAKE A CRAFT at Fox Library (2-3:30 p.m.)
- VISIT THE HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR at Flora Restaurant (11 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- WATCH CLASSIC HOLIDAY CARTOONS at the Capitol Theatre
- NIBBLE ON COOKIES (and other goodies!) at many locations
- SIP HOT CIDER at Salvage
- LISTEN TO STROLLING CAROLERS from Calvary Church, United Methodist and the Arlington High Madrigals
- SING HOLIDAY SONGS in Matt Dorson’s community sing-a-long
- WATCH THE ILLUMINATION of a tree on top of the Capitol’s marquee
- ENJOY HOLIDAY SPECIALS at Artwear, Continentale Hair Salon, 13Forest Gallery, Maxima Gift Center and Marbella Kitchen and Bath
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!