This week, Arlington Patch's "Frugal Family" scoured our local sources to come up with great deals on 10 for $10 items at Stop and Shop, Johnnies FoodMaster 4 day specials, a trade in service at The Book Rack, a unique and fun promotion from Henry Bear's Park, and a peek at Arlington's local comic book store.
- Stop and Shop 10 for $10 are Back! Deal: The Stop and Shop 10 for $10 deals have come around again this week. Mix and match items such as Dole Coleslaw, Daisy Bread and Butterball Thin and Crispy Bacon. Good Through: Aug. 4.
- Johnnies FoodMaster 4 Day Specials Deal: Johnnie's FoodMaster has extended there normal 3 day weekly specials to 4 day specials this summer. Save big on items like shrimp at $5.99/lb, Chicken Leg Quarters for only $.55/lb, and red seedless grapes for $1.19/lb Good Through: Aug. 4.
- Trade In Books for Books at the Book Rack Deal: If you're looking for a cheap way to get the kids summer reading list, or just pick up some literature yourself, check out the Book Rack's trade in policy. Quoting from their website: “The Book Rack takes in used paperbacks for store credit valued at 1/4 cover price. Used books are sold for 1/2 off the cover price. Store Credit can be used for up to 50 percent of a purchase. For instance, if you wish to purchase $10 of used books, and have $6 of credit, you may only use $5 of your credit toward the purchase. In this example, the total cash outlay for this purchase would be $5.50 ($10 + 5 percent tax - 50 percent of purchase in credit).” Good Through: Ongoing.
- Spot Snuffles the Bear and Save at Henry Bear's Park Deal: Henry Bear's Park has a fun sales event going on to wrap up the summer. Spot Snuffles the Bear anywhere around town and snap a picture of yourself with him. Be the first to email the gang at Henry Bear's at email@example.com and get $5 off your next purchase. Check out Henry Bear's Facebook page for clues to his location. Good Through: End of summer.
- Deal: The Magic Dragon Comic Book Shop doesn't have regular specials, or even a website to check out. Up until now, Frugal Family never mentioned this hidden gem of comic book bliss. Although small in stature, Magic Dragon is the best spot in town for picking up your weekly issues including hard-to-find items. The staff at Magic Dragon will even do special orders for customers. Popping by this week, Frugal Family was welcomed by friendly staff who were incredibly knowledgeable about their craft. A great place for collectible lovers as well. Magic Dragon is also in the process of putting together game nights for a variety of different role playing, tabletop and card games.