"Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority." —Vince Lombardi
Well here we find ourselves on Super Bowl Sunday again. Last year was a bit of a letdown for New England but this year it's game on! There is nothing better than a New England-New York matchup, right? My prediction? Patriot Nation will be fat, exhausted and very happy come Monday morning.
So to help handle the "fat" part of that equation, here are two dips that are sure to please your football-watching folks...whether you are heading out for the game or entertaining at home.
Or, if you are like me you will most likely spend the first quarter wondering why it can't be "Super Bowl Saturday" and fighting to get the kids to bed while the surround sound shakes the house and your husband's bellowing can be heard 'round the neighborhood. I'm sure I'm not alone here...
So here goes:
Slow Cooker Reuben Dip
- 1 16oz jar sauerkraut, drained (don't use the bagged kind - it's too bitter)
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded corned beef
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- Combine everything in your slow cooker and cook on high for 45 mins or about 1 1/2 hrs on low, until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve with rye crackers.
Easy Microwave Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 12.5 oz can white meat chicken (or equal amount of shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 2 8oz blocks cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend (or Monterey Jack) cheese
- 1 cup bleu cheese dressing
- Buffalo sauce to taste (I start with 1/4 cup)
- Combine all ingredients and microwave until hot (about 3-4 mins.)
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, celery and carrot sticks.
- This can be reheated as necessary in the microwave.
Enjoy! Go Pats!