Today is Wednesday, Aug. 8. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Today should be mostly sunny with a high near 87, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Arlington artist Claire Burke’s mixed-media work is on display as part of the “CURRENT: Space, Energy, and Time Explored by Kingston Gallery Associate Members” exhibit at the Kingston Gallery in Boston’s South End, 450 Harrison Ave., No. 43. Burke will also be part of an artist talk on theme, process and technique from 1 to 3 p.m. this Sunday, Aug. 12, at the gallery. The talk is free and open to the public. The exhibit runs through Sunday, Sept. 2.
3. An Arlington park and a restaurant were recently named
4. Check out two recent blog posts (both of which are great reads): Judy Mintz’ and Amy Copperman’s
5. There are four meetings today. The Cemetery Commission will meet at 9 a.m. in Mount Pleasant Cemetery Chapel (see agenda). The Tree Committee will meet at 7 p.m. in the Selectmen’s Hearing Room on the second floor of (see agenda). The Transportation Advisory Committee will meet at 7:15 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex’ second-floor conference room (see agenda). The Vision 2020 Standing Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex’ first-floor conference room.