Invite a friend
What is Meditation and Why Should I Care?
This talk is a must for anyone who wishes to practice meditation effectively. It is based upon The Stages of Meditation (Bhavana Krama) by Master Kamalashila (750 AD) and presentations by Je Tsongkapa and Pabongka Rinpoche, as well as techniques taught by modern master Upsaka Culadasa (www.dharmatreasure.com). This is a practical exploration of the purpose and techniques of meditation for those who are motivated to find out what’s in it for them.
Robbins Library, 700 Mass Ave, Arlington MA. Community Room- enter elevator and press LLR (lower level rear) button. 6:30-8pm, May 31st.
More About Robbins Library
Robbins Library is the main branch of Arlington's library that sits beside the Town Hall, just off of Massachusetts Avenue. The building itself is impressive with wide steps and an ample ramp leading up the side to allow for handicap access. Inside there are marble floors and a desk almost immediately to the right. The library has a community meeting room, DVDs, space for children to play games and computers for public use.
Other events here
- GET PLUGGED iN TO YOUR CREATiViTY Today, May 21, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Workers In Transition Support Group Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am
- D-Lab: Design, Dialogue, Duct Tape Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Teen Advisory Group Wed, Jun 5, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Movie That Dare Not Speak Its Name! Fri, Jun 7, 3:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Bollywood Dancing with Sarina Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Teen Book Club Wed, Jun 12, 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Terrarium Workshop Tue, Jun 18, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Summer Reading Kick off-Digging Up Clues Sat, Jun 22, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm
- Teen Writers' Workshop Presentation Sat, Jun 22, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm