Invite a friend
Voices from the Balkans
with Tatiana Sarbinska, Divi Zheni and Zornitsa
“Bulgaria’s songs! Aren’t they a real flame from the everlasting soul of our nation? Aren’t they the magic that has preserved Bulgaria over the centuries? My life is like a folk song. In the magic of this folk song is my desire to sing expressively and tenderly. In it are the roots of my pride in being Bulgarian.”- Tatiana Sarbinska
Tatiana Sarbinska, a world-renowned Balkan vocalist and teacher, performs an extensive repertoire that includes music from all of Bulgaria’s folkloric regions. Tatiana is known as the Voice of Pirin in her native country, Bulgaria. For more than forty years she has worked as a musician, director, teacher, and composer in both the United States and in her native country of Bulgaria.
Tatiana Sarbinska with Divi Zheni & Zornitsa “Tatiana Sarbinska keeps the music of Bulgaria alive. Her voice cutting through with the sharp, bright sound of the great Bulgarian singer.” – Boston Globe
“Tatiana Sarbinska performs with a brilliant style, with a rich vocal technique, a wide vocal range, and a lively artistic presence.” – Boston Herald
The iconic Tatiana Sarbinska, along with the Balkan singing groups Divi Zheni and the Zornitsa will present a range of music and singing from the balkan region. The range of voice in these presentions is incredible. The groups have toured the US and the Balkan region and it is a joy to watch them in their colorful ethnic customes.
Watch Tatiana on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWBo9SlY1Ic
Visit WorldOnStage.com for details of all our Fall Season Performances.
|Where||The Regent Theatre 7 Medford St, Arlington, MA 02474|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About The Regent Theatre
The Regent Theater is a gem of Arlington. It features live performances by exceptional blues acts such as Ronnie Earl. Live comedy and children's shows are also staged here. Often, the theater pairs up with local fundraisers in the community, and movies are screened occasionally. Doors open one hour before show times.
Other events here
- Call for Arlington Film, Pics, and Media - Glovebox Short Film & Animation Festival Daily, 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- “100 BLOODY ACRES”—Special Sneak Preview! Tue, May 28, 7:30 pm
- “Boston Surfs! The Regent Surf Film & Music Festival” Night #1 Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm
- “Boston Surfs! The Regent Surf Film & Music Festival” Night #2 Thu, May 30, 7:00 pm
- “Boston Surfs! The Regent Surf Film & Music Festival” Night #3 Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm
- Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra - Back By Popular Demand! Sat, Jun 1, 8:00 pm
- “Ain’t in it for my Health” - A Film about Levon Helm Thu, Jun 6, 7:30 pm
- SNATAM KAUR - 2013 Sacred Chant Concerts June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013, 7:30 pm
- “Ain’t in it for my Health” - A Film about Levon Helm Sun, Jun 9, 7:00 pm
- Transitions - Tap Dance Meets Comedy, Poetry, Cinematography, Hip Hop Dance and More... Fri, Jun 14, 8:00 pm