Invite a friend
Shabbat Under the Stars
In the spirit of the ancient Kabbalat Shabbat (welcoming the Sabbath) tradition of going into the fields to welcome the Sabbath, come to an outdoor Shabbat picnic and sing-along. Bring a picnic dinner. Challah, grape juice and dessert provided. Event held on Friday, June 22 from 6-7:30pm on the Whittemore-Robbins House Lawn located behind Robbins Library (700 Massachusetts Avenue) in Arlington. Geared for families with children ages 2+ years. No charge. Open to the entire community.
Register at bostonjcc.org/metronorthstars. For more information, contact email@example.com or 617-841-8009. Programs north of Boston are presented in collaboration with Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Greater Boston with support from Combined Jewish Philanthropies. All JCC arts and humanities offerings are programs of the Ryna Greenbaum JCC Center for the Arts.
More About Robbins Library
Robbins Library is the main branch of Arlington's library that sits beside the Town Hall, just off of Massachusetts Avenue. The building itself is impressive with wide steps and an ample ramp leading up the side to allow for handicap access. Inside there are marble floors and a desk almost immediately to the right. The library has a community meeting room, DVDs, space for children to play games and computers for public use.
Other events here
- Workers In Transition Support Group Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am
- D-Lab: Design, Dialogue, Duct Tape Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Teen Advisory Group Wed, Jun 5, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Movie That Dare Not Speak Its Name! Fri, Jun 7, 3:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Bollywood Dancing with Sarina Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Teen Book Club Wed, Jun 12, 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Terrarium Workshop Tue, Jun 18, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Summer Reading Kick off-Digging Up Clues Sat, Jun 22, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm
- Teen Writers' Workshop Presentation Sat, Jun 22, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Kick and Play Sat, Jun 29, 3:00 pm–3:45 pm