Invite a friend
Meditation Clinic- learn skills for single pointed concentration
Join us for a free talk on the techniques for reaching deep, single-pointed concentration (samadhi). We'll explore the levels of meditation outlined in The Stages of Meditation (Bhavana Krama) by Master Kamalashila (750 AD) and by modern master Upsaka Culadasa (www.dharmatreasure.com). We will go over the five problems and eight antidotes, the levels of meditation, and discuss practical techniques for improving (or starting!) your meditation practice.
Robbins Library, 700 Mass Ave, Arlington MA. Community Room- enter elevator and press LLR (lower level rear) button
For more info or to sign up for future events, visit www.bostonpeaceofmind.org.
More About Robbins Library
Robbins Library is the main branch of Arlington's library that sits beside the Town Hall, just off of Massachusetts Avenue. The building itself is impressive with wide steps and an ample ramp leading up the side to allow for handicap access. Inside there are marble floors and a desk almost immediately to the right. The library has a community meeting room, DVDs, space for children to play games and computers for public use.
Other events here
- GET PLUGGED iN TO YOUR CREATiViTY Today, May 21, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Workers In Transition Support Group Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am
- D-Lab: Design, Dialogue, Duct Tape Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Teen Advisory Group Wed, Jun 5, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Movie That Dare Not Speak Its Name! Fri, Jun 7, 3:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Bollywood Dancing with Sarina Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Teen Book Club Wed, Jun 12, 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Terrarium Workshop Tue, Jun 18, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Summer Reading Kick off-Digging Up Clues Sat, Jun 22, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm
- Teen Writers' Workshop Presentation Sat, Jun 22, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm