Invite a friend
Charlie is My Darling (Rolling Stones in Ireland 1965) Worldwide Premiere Screening Event (2 Screenings!)
Charlie is My Darling (Ireland 1965)
Worldwide Premiere Screening Event!
Nov. 5 and 8, 7:30PM
The Rolling Stones
In 1965 Andrew Loog Oldham, the Rolling Stones svengali, asked filmmaker Peter Whitehead (The Fall, Tonite Let’s All Make Love in London) to accompany them on a quick tour of Ireland. Whitehead was astonished. Not only by the incredible power of the Stones’ performances but especially by the raw energy of the crowds of young people that rushed them everywhere. This new version of this behind-the scenes diary of the early Stones has never been seen; Mick Gochanour and Robin Klein, the team that brought The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus to the screen, have painstakingly restored over 90,000 frames of optical screen prints and negative, going back to the original sound tapes and 3-track live recordings. Included are electrifying performances of “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,” “The Last Time,” and “Time is on My Side.” Charlie Is My Darling is an invaluable document, the unseen story of the band becoming the legend.
In addition the feature, the film includes an introduction with Kurt Loder, a filmmaker interview with Dave Grohl and Andrew Loog Oldham, a bonus feature on the restoration of the film, and interviews with the band members.
View the trailer at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SKvBARhTyk
Running time: 85 minutes
Directed by in 1965:
Produced by in 1965:
Andrew Loog Oldham
Directed by in 2012:
Producted by in 2012:
|Where||The Regent Theatre 7 Medford St, Arlington, MA 02474|
|Next on||This event is over.|
More About The Regent Theatre
The Regent Theater is a gem of Arlington. It features live performances by exceptional blues acts such as Ronnie Earl. Live comedy and children's shows are also staged here. Often, the theater pairs up with local fundraisers in the community, and movies are screened occasionally. Doors open one hour before show times.
Other events here
- Call for Arlington Film, Pics, and Media - Glovebox Short Film & Animation Festival Daily, 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- “LoL Laugh Out Loud” Film Fest Tomorrow, May 23, 7:30 pm
- “Boston Surfs! The Regent Surf Film & Music Festival” Night #1 Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm
- “Boston Surfs! The Regent Surf Film & Music Festival” Night #2 Thu, May 30, 7:00 pm
- “Boston Surfs! The Regent Surf Film & Music Festival” Night #3 Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm
- Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra - Back By Popular Demand! Sat, Jun 1, 8:00 pm
- “Ain’t in it for my Health” - A Film about Levon Helm Thu, Jun 6, 7:30 pm
- SNATAM KAUR - 2013 Sacred Chant Concerts June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013, 7:30 pm
- “Ain’t in it for my Health” - A Film about Levon Helm Sun, Jun 9, 7:00 pm
- Transitions - Tap Dance Meets Comedy, Poetry, Cinematography, Hip Hop Dance and More... Fri, Jun 14, 8:00 pm