Household Hazardous Waste Collection on Saturday, June 18
Here's a list of acceptable items for Saturday's collection.
Arlington’s next household waste collection is scheduled for this Saturday, June 18, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
The collection will happen at the Minuteman Hazardous Waste Facility, 60 Hartwell Ave., Lexington. To participate, you’ll need to bring proof of residency or you may be charged a fee.
Here’s the town of Arlington’s official list of what’s OK to bring on Saturday:
- Pesticides and herbicides: insecticides, rat poisons, slug bait, mothballs, weed killers, flea and roach powders, and insect repellent.
- Paints, solvents and sealers: oil-based paints and stains, paint thinners and strippers, varnishes, shellacs and lacquers, metal polishes, aerosols. Do not bring latex (water-based) paint. Dry out and put in regular trash.
- Auto care products: engine cleaners, degreasers, tar remover, used oil, gas and gas mixtures, antifreeze, brake fluid, waxes and polishes, automotive batteries.
- Cleaners: bleach, spot removers, oven cleaners, polishes, disinfectants, rug and toilet cleaners.
- Miscellaneous: Fluorescent bulbs (including compact fluorescent bulbs (CFL), mercury switches or thermostats, poisons, pool chemicals, propane tanks up to 20 lbs., old chemistry sets, kerosene, dyes, non-alkaline batteries.
Please do NOT bring:
- Explosives or ammunition
- Medical waste or syringes
- Radioactive materials
- Prescription or narcotic drugs
- Cathode Ray Tubes (TV’s, computer monitors)
- Water-based paints
- Smoke detectors
- Alkaline batteries