Five Things You Need to Know Today, Sept. 6
Good morning, Arlington! Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Weather: Expect plenty of showers throughout the day and night this Tuesday. High temperatures could reach 65 degrees with an overnight low of 60 degrees.
2. In case you missed it: The Arlington Spy Ponders Pop Warner team played a scrimmage match at Gillette Stadium on Thursday, during halftime of the New England Patriots vs. New York Giants game. Patch was there and captured the action in a photo gallery.
3. Week in review: Did you miss some of our news coverage last week? There were some big stories around town, from a major drug bust to a local bank receiving millions of dollars to encourage small business lending. Catch up on essential Arlington news with our week in review.
4. For the troops: Barrett & Company Real Estate is collecting donations of peanut butter, jelly and Marshmallow Fluff for Operation American Soldier. Small plastic jars can be dropped off at the Barrett & Company offices in Concord, Lincoln and Carlisle Centers.
5. This Day in History: From History.com, "On this day in 1915, a prototype tank nicknamed Little Willie rolls off the assembly line in England. Little Willie was far from an overnight success. It weighed 14 tons, got stuck in trenches and crawled over rough terrain at only two miles per hour. However, improvements were made to the original prototype and tanks eventually transformed military battlefields."