Five Things You Need to Know Today, Sept. 23
Weather, blood drive, a bus route and more to know today.
Good morning, Arlington! Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Weather: Expect plenty of showers with a chance of thunder throughout the day and into the night. High temperature could reach 70 degrees during the day, with an overnight low of 65 degrees.
2. Blood drive: On Saturday, Sept. 24, Arlington will have yet another chance to help out the American Red Cross meet its blood shortage. The First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church will host a blood drive from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 630 Massachusetts Avenue.
3. Route 77 meeting: Arlington residents are once again invited to meet with MBTA officials to study several improvements to bus route 77, which runs down Massachusetts Avenue from the Arlington Heights bus station to Lafayette Street. The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 27, 6:30-8 p.m., at Town Hall.
4. Sports schedule: Every morning, we run a list of all the sporting events in Arlington. Check it out and stay on top of what's going on with our hometown teams. Today, the boys and girls of Arlington High and Arlington Catholic are playing football, field hockey, soccer and volleyball.
5. This Day in History: From History.com, "On this day in 1875, Billy the Kid is arrested for the first time after stealing a basket of laundry. He later broke out of jail and roamed the American West, eventually earning a reputation as an outlaw and murderer and a rap sheet that allegedly included 21 murders."