Five Things You Need to Know Today, Sept. 21
Weather, sports and more to know this Wednesday.
Good morning, Arlington! Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Weather: Expect some clouds throughout the day and rain at night. High temperature could reach 76 degrees during the day, with an overnight low of 64 degrees.
2. Patch Picks: With school back in session, your kids no doubt have a few favorite teachers and we want to know who they are! Please send us the name of who you believe is the best teacher in town, along with the grade and subject that he/she teaches, and we’ll feature that person in this week’s Patch Picks.
3. Sports schedule: Every morning, we run a list of all the sporting events in Arlington. Check it out and stay on top of what's going on with our hometown teams. Today, the boys and girls of Arlington High and Arlington Catholic are playing field hockey, soccer, and volleyball.
4. For the troops: Barrett & Company Real Estate is collecting donations of peanut butter, jelly and Marshmallow Fluff for Operation American Soldier. Small plastic jars can be dropped off at the Barrett & Company offices in Concord, Lincoln and Carlisle Centers.
5. This Day in History: From History.com, "On this day in 1780, during the American Revolution, American General Benedict Arnold meets with British Major John Andre to discuss handing over West Point to the British, in return for the promise of a large sum of money and a high position in the British army. The plot was foiled and Arnold, a former American hero, became synonymous with the word 'traitor.'"