Five Things You Need to Know Today, Feb. 16
Get today's forecast, learn about henna body art and register for Arlington Alerts.
1. Weather: Expect a partly cloudy Thursday with high temperatures reaching near 47 with an overnight low of 36.
2. Henna Body Art: If you’re interested in the art of Henna Body Art, stop by a workshop for adults and teens at 6 p.m. at Artbeat on Massachusetts Avenue. There, you can get basic techniques for applying henna to your hands and arms, along with pattern ideas.
3. Arlington Alerts: Town officials are encouraging residents to register for Arlington Alerts, a new emergency communication system that will replace the current reverse 911 program. Here's some more information.
4. Claim your Patch listing: Are you a business owner in Arlington looking for more ways to connect with local customers? Take a minute to watch this video and find out how to do just that. It's free and it takes only five steps.
5. This day in history: On this day in 1923, in Thebes, Egypt, English archaeologist Howard Carter enters the sealed burial chamber of the ancient Egyptian ruler King Tutankhamen.