Five Things You Need to Know Today, Aug. 19
Isolated thunderstorms, weekend plans and more to know this Friday.
Good morning, Arlington! Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Weather: Expect some sunshine today with an isolated thunderstorms or two. High temperatures could reach 85 degrees with an overnight low of 65 degrees.
2. Weekend plans: Are you looking for something to do this weekend? We've got a few ideas, from raspberry picking to yoga at Spy Pond.
3. Patch Picks: Each week, Arlington Patch highlights editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more in our Thursday feature called Patch Picks. This week, we wanted to know from you where are the best date destinations in Arlington? Here they are.
4. For the troops: Barrett & Company Real Estate is collecting donations of peanut butter, jelly and Marshmallow Fluff for Operation American Soldier. Small plastic jars can be dropped off at the Barrett & Company offices in Concord, Lincoln and Carlisle Centers.
5. This Day in History: From History.com, "On this day in 1909, the first race is held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, now the home of the world's most famous motor racing competition, the Indianapolis 500."