Five Things: Town Meeting Begins Monday
Today is Friday, April 20. Here are five things you need to know:
1. It should be sunny with temperatures in the low 70s today, according to the National Weather Service. Starting tonight however, there is a chance of showers everyday until Thursday.
2. Don’t forget: Arlington’s 2012 Town Meeting begins at 8 p.m. Monday, April 23, in Town Hall. Visit the town’s website for more information, including the Town Meeting Warrant and 2011 Annual Report.
3. Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and best-selling author Ron Suskind will be speaking at Arlington High School on Tuesday, April 24, at 7:30 p.m. The former Wall Street Journal reporter and author of “Confidence Men: Wall Street, Washington and the Education of a President” will discuss the Obama Administration and narrative journalism. Admission is $10 (no charge for Arlington High School students). The event is being co-sponsored by Arlington Community Education and the Robbins Library. Complete details.
4. Household hazardous waste drop off: The next house hold hazardous waste drop off at the Minuteman Hazardous Waste Facility (60 Hartwell Ave., Lexington) is this Saturday, April 21, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Proof of Arlington residency will be required to drop off any household hazardous waste or you may be charged a fee. Do not bring old TVS, CRT monitors or water-based paints, and for safety reasons, do not ride a bicycle to the facility, as you will not be allowed to enter. For a list of what is considered household hazardous waste, click here. After this Saturday, the next drop off is Saturday, May 19.
5. Sports: Four Arlington High School squads have home games today, while the boys’ volleyball team will be on the road, at Winchester at 10 a.m. The high school’s baseball and softball teams will host Belmont at 10 a.m., while the boys’ tennis team will host Watertown at the same time. The girls’ lacrosse team will also be in action at 10 a.m., at home against Central Catholic.