Five Things to do This Weekend
A documentary film, Mardi Gras mask making, sing-along Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and a few more fun plans for this weekend.
It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do this weekend. Arlington Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time.
Check our picks for the activities you'll want to take part in this weekend in Arlington and beyond:
- When/Where: Friday, Feb. 17, 10:30 p.m., at The Regent Theatre, 7 Medford St., Arlington
- Why Go: This project encompasses a documentary film that examines the history of different musical genres through the eyes of five of the most influential electronic producers/DJs in music today, along with the original music created for the project. Mark Ronson, DJ Premier, The Crystal Method, Pretty Lights and Skrillex each take a specific musical style and explore it by writing and recording a brand new track with a grouping of influential collaborators in that genre.
- Price: $8/advance, $10/day of Show, $7/Regent members
2. King Cake Pull and Mardi Gras Mask Making
- When/Where: Friday-Monday, Feb. 17-20, 10 a.m., at Artbeat, 212a Massachusetts Ave., Arlington
- Why Go: For Mardi Gras, beautiful masks decorate the streets of New Orleans. Get into the super festive Mardi Gras spirit by making a beautiful and authentic full-face Mardi Gras mask at during the week leading up to Mardi Gras. Project fee includes all materials.
- Price: $12
- When/Where: Friday, Feb. 17, 7 p.m., at The Regent Theatre, 7 Medford St, Arlington
- Why Go: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice is one of the world’s most successful musicals. Now this classic musical becomes Sing-a-long-a- JOSEPH with lyrics, fancy dress, fun bags, dancing and a whole lot more. Fancy dress is not obligatory but highly recommended!
- Price: $15/adults, $12/kids and seniors, $10/groups of 10+ and Regent Members
- When/Where: Saturday, Feb. 18, 7:30 p.m., at 58 Monument Square, Concord
- Why Go: This event features an open community drum and dance jam. Bring drums and percussion instruments if you have them—or just bring your body and move to the groove!
- Price: $10 adults, $5 teens, kids 12 and under free
5. Irish Dance
- When/Where: Saturday, Feb. 18, 8 p.m., at the Canadian-American Club, 202 Arlington St, Watertown
- Why Go: Come enjoy the great Music of "Margaret Dalton and Erins Melody." This fantastic Irish Band will keep you dancing all night long. They are back by popular demand. Bringalong your friends or family and have a fun-filled night of Irish music and dance. There will be complimentary light snacks and coffee/tea at break time and a cash bar.
- Price: $10.00